…and thanks for stopping by.
Warning! This page may or may not contain text that may or may not offend some readers. I make no apologies for any of the language used herein. Life is short and I’ve heard cursing has been linked to stress relief.
On my mind…. I’ve just bought a new home and have left behind so many good memories of my two furry kids, where I lived with them in their final days. That was a hard choice to make, but I knew if I ever wanted another furry baby, I’d need a bigger yard, so I found the perfect place near a large park where walks will be plentiful. As sad as it was to say good-bye to the home I lived in with my two dogs, I’m looking forward to a new beginning.
Football… Fantasy Football is over for the year. I finished 5th and 6th on a 12-person league. Oh how the time flies when you’re having fun. I’m already looking forward to the next Draft.
Book Stuff…Love Trip has been getting some very nice reader reviews! It’s all sun, sand, and surf…with a bit of drama thrown in for interest. If you’re in the mood for love and a little bit of heartache, this just might be the beach read for you. Buy it here…Amazon
Tips on writing…
1) Don’t listen to most people (who don’t write). They can’t relate to or really know what you’re going through, and they also aren’t writers. So instead of listening to people who don’t write, read. Read a lot. And when you find a sentence or paragraph, etc., you absolutely love and are so envious that it makes you almost hate the author, write it out long-hand…and then study it to try and discover what it is about that piece of writing that is so magical.
2) Read your work out loud. You’d be surprised at how different a sentence might sound when you hear it rather than just see it.
3) When you’re trying to come up with a plot and you think you’ve found the perfect story to write…but then you discover a similar story has just come out, don’t let that stop you! Your voice and your story will be completely different and maybe even better.
4) More to come…
Many Thanks…to Stephanie Queen, USA Today Bestselling Author (and queen of Quirky Quips Blog), for making my day with a nice review of Kiss Me Twice. See it here.
Racing Season… Emerald Downs is closed for the season, and my boy, Archie, is taking some time off to frolic and rest up for next year. I can’t wait to see him run again. He’s a come-from-behinder and that, in my opinion, is the most exciting kind of race horse to watch.
Things I’ve learned about Twitter that you might also want to know…but don’t follow me, I’m lost too! Okay, for a long time, I didn’t add anything new here, but today is the day! One more lesson learned about Twitter from a very reliable source (which I won’t give out, so please don’t beg) has been added to my list of Things you might want to know about Twitter.
1) New! To thank someone for following you on Twitter is considered overkill. So there you go all you people who thought you were simply being polite. Stop saying thank-you. Evidently, it’s just not expected. Remember, those aren’t my words. They came from that reliable source I mentioned above.
2) If you’re a writer, don’t just follow other writers. Follow all kinds of people…like travelers. You never know when you might find a great story setting.
3) To DM someone is considered rude. Sorry, I had no idea, but from all the DM’s I’ve received, I gather not many know of this little known Twitter fact;
4) You can shorten lengthy links to save space. Here’s how: go to bitly.com and there you’ll find a place to paste your long link and voila! bitly will create for you a shorter link, which saves valuable space on your Twitter posts. And when you go back to bitly.com, you will be provided with info on how many people clicked on your link. So cool!
5) A lot of people will follow you, but some are simply collecting followers. When you follow them back, they unfollow you.
One More Thing…Old dogs need care, too. Check out Old Dog Haven to see the great things these people are doing for our furry senior citizens!
Remember…posting a review on Amazon or Goodreads is a wonderful way to say you enjoyed a book.
Thanks again for the visit…
Romantically ever after…
A random thought…Good food and exercise may keep you healthy, but a good man and laughter will keep you alive.