…and thanks for stopping by.
Book Stuff…I’m proud to announce that Love Trip is the Grand Prize Winner of the 2016 Houston Bay Area RWA’s JABBIC contest (Contemporary category). Of course, my cover artist, Christa Holland, at Paper and Sage, is the real winner. I simply told her what I had in mind, and she did her thing…and it was beautiful! Houston Bay Area RWA says so!
If you’re in the mood for a beach read that includes love, a dash of heartache, and tons of drama, then Love Trip might be the book for you! Feel free to buy it here…Amazon
On my mind…. It’s a new year. We have a new president. Can we all just stop wallowing (for those of us who didn’t vote for Trump) and get on with living? Yes, HC may have won the popular vote…but then it was only by a couple million, which translates into a pithy micro percentage of the population…but Trump is our guy now. Let’s get behind him and help him do his job. It’s not only good for his presidency, but it’s also good for the USA and all of its citizens. Myself, I’d just like to turn on the TV and not hear anymore negative comments about our prez. How does that benefit any of us? It doesn’t. Move on.
Racing season… I’m super excited that I’ll be the proud owner of a new racehorse in a couple of days/weeks. Archie was fun, but he’s been sold and I hope my new horse is as exciting to watch run as Archie was. Love those come-from-behinders!
This is Archie, the first time I saw him. I hope my new horse is just as beautiful. I’ll be posting pics soon.
Tips on writing…
1) Don’t listen to most people (who don’t write). They can’t relate to or really know what you’re going through, and they also aren’t writers. So instead of listening to people who don’t write, read. Read a lot. And when you find a sentence or paragraph, etc., you absolutely love and are so envious that it makes you almost hate the author, write it out long-hand…and then study it to try and discover what it is about that piece of writing that is so magical.
2) Read your work out loud. You’d be surprised at how different a sentence might sound when you hear it rather than just see it.
3) When you’re trying to come up with a plot and you think you’ve found the perfect story to write…but then you discover a similar story has just come out, don’t let that stop you! Your voice and your story will be completely different and maybe even better.
4) More to come…
Many Thanks…to Stephanie Queen, USA Today Bestselling Author (and queen of Quirky Quips Blog), for making my day with a nice review of Kiss Me Twice. See it here.
Things I’ve learned about Twitter that you might also want to know…but don’t follow me, I’m lost too! Okay, for a long time, I didn’t add anything new here, but today is the day! One more lesson learned about Twitter from a very reliable source (which I won’t give out, so please don’t beg) has been added to my list of Things you might want to know about Twitter.
1)To thank someone for following you on Twitter is considered overkill. So there you go all you people who thought you were simply being polite. Stop saying thank-you. Evidently, it’s just not expected. Remember, those aren’t my words. They came from that reliable source I mentioned above.
2) If you’re a writer, don’t just follow other writers. Follow all kinds of people…like travelers. You never know when you might find a great story setting.
3) To DM someone is considered rude. Sorry, I had no idea, but from all the DM’s I’ve received, I gather not many know of this little known Twitter fact;
4) You can shorten lengthy links to save space. Here’s how: go to bitly.com and there you’ll find a place to paste your long link and voila! bitly will create for you a shorter link, which saves valuable space on your Twitter posts. And when you go back to bitly.com, you will be provided with info on how many people clicked on your link. So cool!
5) A lot of people will follow you, but some are simply collecting followers. When you follow them back, they unfollow you.
One More Thing…Old dogs need care, too. Check out Old Dog Haven to see the great things these people are doing for our furry senior citizens!
Remember…posting a review on Amazon or Goodreads is a wonderful way to say you enjoyed a book.
Thanks again for the visit…
Romantically ever after…
A random thought…Good food and exercise may keep you healthy, but a good man and laughter will keep you alive.