…and thanks for stopping by.
Warning! This page may or may not contain text that may or may not offend some readers. I make no apologies for any of the language used herein. Life is short. Cursing has been linked to stress relief.
On my mind…. It’s been one of the hardest months I can ever remember. I’ve lost both of my beloved dogs, and my house seems so very empty. I’m sure the day will come when I will be able to open my heart to another dog, but for now, my heart is heavy with such great loss. I wrote the following to be engraved on a plaque for my boy, Tucker. SiSi’s is to come later.
If you no longer hear me pad across the floor,
Don’t worry, my walk has become softer.
I am now the whisper of wind on your face,
I am a twinkle in the star-lit sky.
Don’t worry that you can’t see me,
I am everywhere you are.
I am standing right beside you.
Football… It’s that time of year for Fantasy Football, and I have two pretty good teams this year…just took one over from a guy who decided to quit because he disagreed with Kaepernick’s disregard for the flag. FYI, I disagree with Kaepernick, too.
Book Stuff…Love Trip will be out this week! Hope you love it as much as I do.
Tips on writing…
1) Read. Read a lot. And when you find a sentence or paragraph, etc., you absolutely love and are so envious that it makes you almost hate the author, write it out long-hand…and then study it to try and discover what it is about that piece of writing that is so magical.
2) Read your work out loud. You’d be surprised at how different a sentence might sound when you hear it rather than just see it.
3) When you’re trying to come up with a plot and you think you’ve found the perfect story to write…but then you discover a similar story has just come out, don’t let that stop you! Your voice and your story will be completely different and maybe even better.
4) More to come…
Many Thanks…to Stephanie Queen, USA Today Bestselling Author (and queen of Quirky Quips Blog), for making my day with a nice review of Kiss Me Twice. See it here.
Racing Season… Emerald Downs has closed its doors for the season. But I cannot get over what a thrill it was to watch my boy, Archie, run. He’s a come-from-behinder and that, in my opinion, is the most exciting kind of race horse to watch. As for my girl, Dena, she’s been sold and will become a broodmare. Archie is taking some time off, but will be back next year.
Things I’ve learned about Twitter that you might also want to know…but don’t follow me, I’m lost too! Okay, for a long time, I didn’t add anything new here, but today is the day! One more lesson learned about Twitter from a very reliable source (which I won’t give out, so please don’t beg) has been added to my list of Things you might want to know about Twitter.
1) New! To thank someone for following you on Twitter is considered overkill. So there you go all you people who thought you were simply being polite. Stop saying thank-you. Evidently, it’s just not expected. Remember, those aren’t my words. They came from that reliable source I mentioned above.
2) If you’re a writer, don’t just follow other writers. Follow all kinds of people…like travelers. You never know when you might find a great story setting.
3) To DM someone is considered rude. Sorry, I had no idea, but from all the DM’s I’ve received, I gather not many know of this little known Twitter fact;
4) You can shorten lengthy links to save space. Here’s how: go to bitly.com and there you’ll find a place to paste your long link and voila! bitly will create for you a shorter link, which saves valuable space on your Twitter posts. And when you go back to bitly.com, you will be provided with info on how many people clicked on your link. So cool!
5) A lot of people will follow you, but some are simply collecting followers. When you follow them back, they unfollow you.
One More Thing…Old dogs need care, too. Check out Old Dog Haven to see the great things these people are doing for our furry senior citizens!
Remember…posting a review on Amazon or Goodreads is a wonderful way to say you enjoyed a book.
Thanks again for the visit…
Romantically ever after…
A random thought…Good food and exercise may keep you healthy, but a good man and laughter will keep you alive.