…and thanks for stopping by.
Warning! This page may or may not contain text that may or may not offend some readers. I make no apologies for any of the language used herein. Life is short. Cursing has been linked to stress relief.
On my mind….It’s that time of year. Please do NOT leave your dog in your hot car this summer. Here are some sobering facts to consider…100,000 dogs die each year from being left in a hot car; even police dogs die in hot cars read this; leaving a dog in a hot car is illegal in some states Is yours one of them?
Book Stuff…Love Trip is in the editing stage, plus a cover is being created as we (I) speak (write). I cannot wait for the finished product!
Tips on writing…
1) Read. Read a lot. And when you find a sentence or paragraph, etc., you absolutely love and are so envious that it makes you almost hate the author, write it out long-hand…and then study it to try and discover what it is about that piece of writing that is so magical.
2) Read your work out loud. You’d be surprised at how different a sentence might sound when you hear it rather than just see it.
3) When you’re trying to come up with a plot and you think you’ve found the perfect story to write…but then you discover a similar story has just come out, don’t let that stop you! Your voice and your story will be completely different and maybe even better.
4) More to come…
Many Thanks…to Stephanie Queen, USA Today Bestselling Author (and queen of Quirky Quips Blog), for making my day with a nice review of Kiss Me Twice. See it here.
Announcing… I’m excited to announce that I’ve dipped my toes into race horse ownership, and Archie Graham, a beautiful grey/roan, has already won his first race at Emerald Downs. To see a replay of that race, click here, then click on Replays, May 15, Race 9. Plus, I have recently acquired another horse, a mare named Diamonds Dena that currently has won three in a row! You go, girl! (Will post a pic soon.)
Things I’ve learned about Twitter that you might also want to know…but don’t follow me, I’m lost too! Okay, for a long time, I didn’t add anything new here, but today is the day! One more lesson learned about Twitter from a very reliable source (which I won’t give out, so please don’t beg) has been added to my list of Things you might want to know about Twitter.
1) New! To thank someone for following you on Twitter is considered overkill. So there you go all you people who thought you were simply being polite. Stop saying thank-you. Evidently, it’s just not expected. Remember, those aren’t my words. They came from that reliable source I mentioned above.
2) If you’re a writer, don’t just follow other writers. Follow all kinds of people…like travelers. You never know when you might find a great story setting.
3) To DM someone is considered rude. Sorry, I had no idea, but from all the DM’s I’ve received, I gather not many know of this little known Twitter fact;
4) You can shorten lengthy links to save space. Here’s how: go to bitly.com and there you’ll find a place to paste your long link and voila! bitly will create for you a shorter link, which saves valuable space on your Twitter posts. And when you go back to bitly.com, you will be provided with info on how many people clicked on your link. So cool!
5) A lot of people will follow you, but some of them are simply collecting followers. When you follow them back, they unfollow you.
One More Thing…Old dogs need care, too. Check out Old Dog Haven to see the great things these people are doing for our furry senior citizens!
Remember…posting a review on Amazon or Goodreads is a wonderful way to say you enjoyed a book.
Thanks again for the visit…
Romantically ever after…
A random thought…Good food and exercise may keep you healthy, but a good man and laughter will keep you alive.